Bacon, Beer And Cheese Sloppy Joes
Bacon, beer, and cheese are the perfect Sloppy Joe’s gameday foods for people with sharp cheddar cheese Guinness and charging.
Basically any vegetable that doesn’t add any extra sweet you can soften and Brown with bacon fat. I have used this recipe with mushrooms before and even carrots, both times.
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cubed
- 6 brioche buns
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup beer I used Guinness
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Cooking meat in a large skillet over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes or until crispy but still bent.
- Lift the meat from the Pan and drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat.
- Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add beef, lower the heat to medium and Cook, breaking it apart but leaving some chunks the size of a small grape or raspberry (do not crush the heck out of it, the bigger collapse will help give the stability of the sandwich).
- Cook until browned well (5-6 minutes), then add in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, Worchestershire sauce, dijon mustard, beer and beef broth.
- Stirring frequently, Cook until sauce begins to evaporate and mixture becomes “sloppy ” (approximately 5-6 minutes).
- The consistency you are looking for is reduced enough that the scoop can be placed on top of each other with a dollop of bottom doesn’t spread more than a half-inch or so.
- Add cheddar and chunks of meat cooked crumbled a few minutes before serving and stir just a bit to melt them into a small puddle.
- Toast the bread and then spoon the mixture and top with bacon added (if desired).