Your breakfast is ready! I really love breakfast foods, although most of the morning, I’m not really hungry enough to eat a giant breakfast … so my solution? Breakfast for dinner! So how about some hot, soft and mild biscuits smothered in a sauce rich and creamy homemade sausages?
Buttermilk biscuit soft and smooth, very large yet light at the same time, smothered with homemade sausage cream sauce … the classic cuisine of home!
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut butter in small boxes. Place the butter on a plate and place in the freezer while you mix the dry ingredients. The butter should be very cold.
- In a food processor (or a large bowl), Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter to the food processor and pulse to combine, until it looks like coarse crumbs (you can also use a pastry cutter or 2 forks in a large bowl).
- Add the flour and butter into a large bowl and make a well in the Middle, add the buttermilk. Stir until the dough is mixed and combined, it would be a little tacky/sticky. If it’s still really sticky, Add flour a little more!
- It turns out the dough onto a floured surface (I used my counter) and Pat into a rectangle.
- Fold the dough and onto itself six times, so you end up with a height of rectangle, then Pat it to about 1 inch thick.
- With 2.5-inch round biscuit cutter, cut the dough and push to pull (remember not to play!). The rest of the pieces can be combined and cropped up again-but no more than 1 or 2 times.
- Place the cookies on parchment paper lined baking sheet, almost touching each other, and bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes until browned.
- After the biscuit baking, brush the tops with melted butter.