Candy cane marshmallows are easy to make, and perfect for hanging from a cup of hot chocolate, ready for sauce and stir (of course they are also great on its own). They are wonderful for entertaining. Of course, this easy homemade marshmallow candy cane holiday gifts will also make festive homemade edible, even cooking challenge can be set. Quite a few in the bag and tie off with a festive Ribbon. Make a gift basket from it, by adding a jar of homemade chocolate mixture, or some store bought bags in cute holiday mugs.
Melt the chocolate. Poke candy cane in each marshmallow, then dip in melted chocolate, then in crushed candy cane. Cool completely before serving or packaging.
- 12 Marshmallows
- 1 cup Chocolate Dipping Chips/Melts
- 24 small Candy Canes unwrapped
- Cover a cookie sheet or tray with wax paper.
- Destroying half of the candy canes in a food processor, until they are in small pieces.
- Insert candy cane marshmallows on each as shown and freeze it for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat in intervals of 15 Sec until smooth.
- Dip each marshmallow half way Brown and immediately sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
- Place on Waxed paper, flat side down, as shown.
- Place in a cool to set.