I couldn’t help myself. I need to get out of candy canes. I know, it’s not even Thanksgiving Yet, but the candy cane and peppermint and chocolate goodies in store shelves called me.
And so I have to do things like cones candy cane Oreo truffles. I made a few Oreo Truffle cones for Halloween and I must say, I really like to use the mini cone. They aren’t as messy as just for dipping truffles and they seem pretty much easier to dip rather than appearing on a stick. And no bake, gotta love it.
- Crushed Candy Canes – approx 2 tsp optional
- Joy Mini Cones – 12
- Sprinkles crushed candy canes and M&M’s for garnishing
- Wilton Candy Cane Melts approx 1/2 bag
- Candy Cane Oreos – approx 14-15
- Chocolate Cream Cheese – approx 4 TBSP – softened
- Chocolate Melts/Coating – approx 1/3 cup melted
- Crush Oreos in a food process. Once destroyed, combine with the chocolate cream cheese and crushed candy canes.
- Combine by hand. After mixed roll into 12 balls, roughly 1-1 1/2 “diameter. Put in the fridge to chill.
- While preparing cold cone you and Melt Your Wilton candy cane melts as directed on the package.
- Remove truffles from refrigerator and quickly dip the bottom half of each truffle in the candy cane is melted, and then immediately place into the cone.
- Back cone with Truffle on top of the fridge to chill.
- After the candy cane melts completely has set (about 10 minutes in the refrigerator), remove from refrigerator and dip each cone into a candy cane melts to fully cover the truffles.
- Once the chocolate has set, melt the plain chocolate coating and spoon a little on top of each cone. Top with crushed candy cane immediately, sprinkles and & from the Teddy Prado’s Mappa Enjoy!