Candy cane Pie is a dessert recipes only, you will need this Christmas! This is no cake baked with the loose white chocolate Oreo crust and a soft Ganache on top. And the filling is a bomb! This combo of cream cheese, whipped cream, instant pudding, butter, chocolate chips and crushed candy canes!
Also, it is a great opportunity for me to try some new recipes that I plan to share it here on my blog before Christmas cake season begins. And children the best taste testers! They frankly will tell you if something is good or bad. In addition, they will spit out into your face whether they love or hate yours cake, too.
- 36 Oreo cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 and 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or peppermint) extract
- 2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 8 oz. cream cheese – softened
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter- softened
- 3.9 oz. box vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding (for 4 x ½ cups serving)
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup crushed candy cane or peppermint candies
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4.5 oz. white chocolate (or white chocolate chips)
- 1.5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate-melted
- Crushed candy canes
- Snowflake sprinkles
- In a food processor the ground whole Oreo cookie with filling into fine crumbs. then, stir in ½ cup melted butter until evenly moistened.
- Next, press mixture in bottom and on both sides of the tart Pan. Place it in the freezer while you make the filling.
To make the filling:
- Mix 1 ½ cup heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add ¼ confectioners ‘ sugar and vanilla extract and continue mixing until stiff peaks form. You can use peppermint extract instead of vanilla, it’s up to your taste. Set aside.
- Beat softened cream cheese and ½ Cup softened butter until smooth. Add 1 cup Confectioners ‘ sugar until well mixed and smooth hit, too.
- In a small Heatproof Bowl Dissolve 2 teaspoons gelatin 2 tablespoons cold. Set aside for 5 minutes. then, heat over a double broiler until gelatin has melted, set aside to cool.
- Next, stir in the white chocolate or vanilla instant pudding with ¾ Cup of milk until thickened.
- Now, add the custard into cream cheese and butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Then, add 2 cups of heavy cream beaten (reserve leftover from for garnish), mix on low speed just to combine.
- Add cooled gelatin melts and mixture just to combine.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes. Now, pour into crust, smooth the top and refrigerate until firm (5-6).
- In a heatproof Bowl place the white chocolate chips or finely chopped white chocolate. Next, heat heavy cream to a boil, then pour over the white chocolate gently and let it sit for 1-2 minutes. Now, stir until all the chocolate has melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Then spread on top of fixed filling.
- 1.5 oz. melted chocolate, then transfers in small ziplock bag, cut the corner and drizzle the white chocolate layer more. Use leftover whipped cream is heavy pipe rotating around the cake.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy cane and snowflake sprinkles.
- Store in the refrigerator.