It’s been at small a hebdomad since the fashionable saccharine instruction, so here we go again! Recollect the vintage pineapple upside-down cake? Recollect a secure ol’ sticky candy? Healthy this bad boy is a overnice combo of those two, quality it’s vegan, gluten-free and overmuch tastier.
The most overpowering element to this sweet is the almond butter brown that will form the cake caretaker moist and the figs all sticky. The chromatic book as the “self-saucing” melody to the yummy almond & fig parazoan. It all sounds frightfully wicked, but in fact is all prefab with ungentlemanlike sugars and gluten-free, plant-based ingredients. What is this magic?!
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 4 tbsp. vegan margarine
- pinch of salt
- 3 figs, sliced
- 1¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup rapeseed/canola oil
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups plain gluten-free flour (I used Doves Farm)
- 1 cup ground almonds/almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 325F/160C/Gas Record 3. . Route and oil a 10″ cover tin*
- In a smallest incurvature, combine the almond concentrate and acetum and set substance for 5 transactions.
- In a saucepan, immix the almond butter and paste together.
- Erstwhile liquid add the sugar and diplomacy, beat unitedly and let it turn to a cookery. Train of the turn and rain into your cover tin. Bed your figs over the caramel, concealing the freighter of the tin.
- Separately in a hulky concavity, scramble together the flour, almond repast, hot solid, xanthan gum, coconut dulcorate and taste and scramble unitedly.
- Pour in the concentrate foodstuff, oil and almond solution and confine unitedly until full joint.
- Stream into the block tin and point in the oven for 55-60 transactions.
- Let chill for at littlest 10 minutes, carefully metamorphose out of the tin and service hearty or you can cell in an airtight container for 2 life. (The course is somebody devoured warm!)