Do you love cherry pie? Do you love cinnamon rolls? Well I have been combining delicious 2 baked into one dish. I give my cherry pie cinnamon rolls. They’re perfect for breakfast and dessert. They are soft, smooth, and delicious. A word of caution, your friends and family will be asking you to make this all the time!
This recipe is amazing by itself but I have included a recipe cream cheese glaze to pour over. This is perfect because You can make them the night before and the next morning. That’s what I call prepping food. Be sure to serve them up with a glass of warm milk or pumpkin spice latte! So without further ADO, grab Your flour and let’s get baking!
For the Rolls
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Spray Pan pastry or cake with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place a small saucepan over medium high heat and pour the milk. Warm milk, but don’t let it start to boil. After the milk is warm, remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, melted butter and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to let the mixture cool.
- Sprinkle the yeast on top of the mixture and let sit for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups of the flour into the mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let rise for 1 hour at room temperature. (dough will almost double in size)
- After the dough has risen, add extra 3/4 cup flour for the dough with baking powder and salt. Stir together and then turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Now, preheat the oven to 350 ° f.
- Knead dough lightly until dough just looses it’s sticky. Roll the dough into a large rectangle, about 1/2 inches thick. Use a knife or pizza cutter to trim the edges so that the dough is as close to a rectangle as possible.
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon and brown sugar so that it evenly covers the dough. Pour cherry filling and spread evenly over the dough.
- Roll up dough lengthwise, forming a log and pinch the seam closed. Trim the ends to create a flat surface on both ends.
- Cut into 8 even a log about 1 inch thick. Place cut up into greased pan so that they touch each other. Let rolls rest for 30 minutes before placing in the oven.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar on top and then place the rolls in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes.
- For the glaze: while the reels are baking, place the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl and stir together with a standing mixer or beaters.
- Add the milk and vanilla in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- After the roll is finished, remove from oven and set aside to cool off. Cover with glaze and serve!