Melting layer of Holiday Spice cake, and prepare the recipe through step 3. Assemble Thanksgiving morning somewhat, and chill. Remove 1 hour before serving.
- 1 (13-oz.) jar cherry preserves
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter,
- cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- Holiday Spice Cake,
- cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Prepare the filling: Bring first 3 ingredients and cranberries 3 cups boiling in a pan with a medium-high heat; Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, 5 6 minutes or until berries begin to pop. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1 cup of cranberries. Transfer the mixture to a bowl; cool completely (about 30 minutes). Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pudding. Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a large heavy saucepan; Whisk in the milk and cream 1 1/2 cup. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Cream the butter and next 3 ingredients. Transfer the mixture into a medium bowl, and place plastic wrap directly on the mix (to prevent the film from forming). Cool completely (about 30 minutes). Refrigerate 8 to 24 hours.
- Assemble the trifle. A layer about one-third of the cake cubes in a bowl 4-qt. .. Top with one-third each cranberry filling and pudding. Repeat layers twice.
- Prepare the Topping: beat the vanilla extract and 2 cups heavy cream on medium-high speed until frothy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Dollop over trivial. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 8 hours.