This quiche is perfect for spring! Vegetarian recipes that combine tomatoes, green onions, spinach, and goat cheese to make breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup (packed) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- half a leek, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- most of a 10 ounce box of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 and 1/4 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f. use nonstick spray or butter to grease the Pan You you.
- Set the pie crust into a 9 inch quiche pan or pie pan. Fringe trim if needed.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on the bottom of the crust.
- Trim the green part of the leek, and roots. Spill Leek lengthwise. Run under cold water, use your fingers to bend back the layers. Leek super dirty, so did a good job. Save half of the leek for something else (top pizza! Throw in the soup!) Use a sharp knife to cut the Leek in half, making one piece the same size you will be cutting the onion. Sprinkle chopped green onion over the cheese.
- Use your hands to squeeze thawed spinach. Try to get out as much moisture as you can. Spread spinach chopped scallions.
- Sprinkle fresh basil 1/4 of the next Cup.
- Crumble goat cheese using forks. Sprinkle over Basil.
- Use a serrated knife to halve some cherry tomatoes. Fit as much as you can on top of the quiche. I am using probably all but 10.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, stir together Almondmilk, 6 eggs, salt, and pepper. Beat for about 1 minute, then pour the quiche.
- If you split the quiche pans, quiche or if You looks very full, make sure you place the dishes on a baking sheet just in case of leaks or overflows.
- Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes, or until the top has started to Brown and the quiche not wiggle when you shake it.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool a few minutes before the dive. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!