Chocolate Chip Cookie Shots
Drinking milk and cookies straight from the glass Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot! It’s fun making a dessert for a great party food. So much fun!
This Cup cake ultra rich, and so much fun to eat. You can have milk and cookies and eat them too! At the same time! I’ve been to Dominique Ansel bakery in NYC, and this is a fantastic home version. And let me tell you, they took about as long to make you stand in line at the bakery anyway!
You have to give this a try. Your kids, guests, or anyone will love them. I can’t imagine someone not having fun with these treats! Fill with milk or beverage of your choice. You can be as creative as you want!
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all vegetable shortening
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a nonstick popover pan.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together shortening, brown sugar and sugar until dough is smooth.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and salt and mix until smooth.
- Use a large spoon to stir in the flour. The mixture will be totally loose, but should hold together when pressed. Stir in 1 cup of mini chocolate chips until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the popover pan and press into the bottom and sides, be sure to leave a hole in the Middle for the milk to go then. You just have to sides and bottom should be about ¼ inch thick. It’s hard to get it thinner.
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes until cookies are golden brown kisses.
- Carefully remove cookies from popover pans. This can be done by placing a large Board or sheet Pan cut the popover and flip through. Gently press the butt popover cups to loosen. Allow to cool completely.
- Carefully melt the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with microwave for 15 seconds at a time, removing and stirring, until chocolate is melted.
- Coat the holes in the Cup cake with chocolate. Drizzle some and tendrils, or if the chocolate is thick on the sides just give good lubrication.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Serve with fill “cups ” with milk and enjoy!