Coconut chocolate cake filled with cream cheese coconut, and coconut garnish. Simple to make and really delicious to chew on.
I am a chocolate fanatic totals. Chocolate coconut cake this is a recipe I made for a food fanatic. I am a chocolate fanatic their inhabitants. This is a show that is cool. Not going to lie. I just love my job. Each. Single. Today.
Incidentally I am also a Bigot. So I decided to combine the two things. It is the perfect cookie. Chocolate cookies topped with sweet cream cheese frosting, fluffy. It was pure heaven chocolate and coconut.
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 ounces Dark Chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar, divided
- 1 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes, divided
For the cookies:
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Mix lightly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the separate 3/4 cups confectioners ‘ sugar with the butter. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in melted chocolate (I recommend using a double boiler to melt chocolate) into the mix the sugar and butter. Stir until combined.
- Add the eggs and granulated sugar into a large bowl, mix until well mixed.
- Add flour mixture into a large bowl, add it gradually as you mix. Mix until everything is well mixed.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° f. line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. If you need a paper to keep a little tip is to scrape only a small bit of dough into corners of pan, the parchment then stick to it. Works like a charm.
- Spoon the batter into the Pan in 1 inch balls. (or use your hands to roll them into a ball) Place them about 2 inches apart so that the cookies will not touch them.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies should not be wet on top when they are done.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool for about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and place on a cooling rack wire. Allow to cool completely. While the cookies are cooling you can make Coconut cream cheese topping.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Combine the cream cheese and the remaining 1/4 cups confectioners ‘ sugar in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the 1/2 cup of coconut. Mix well.
- Spread Coconut cream cheese mixture evenly on top of each cookie.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut over cake.
- Serve with a big old chocolate and coconut-loving smile!