Chocolate Peanut Butter Tagalong Pie
This beautiful pie is a total showstopper! And one for a real peanut butter lovers out there. The filling was smooth and rich, and the crust of the cake almost melt-in-your-mouth! After you add the chocolate Ganache is soft, you’re in the peanut butter chocolate heaven!
One bite and punished! If you haven’t tried them before, they are a cake topped with peanut butter and covered in chocolate. I ate a few of them and after they were gone, I had a desire to create them at home-with a twist.
And voila-we have a Tagalong Cookie cake! And what a thick cake at the time. Pastry crust made with just four ingredients and baked until browned. Peanut butter filling is simple not bake recipe and finally, a thick layer of chocolate ganache-Yes please!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (2/3 cup) icing or powdered sugar
Peanut butter filling
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 220 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 375 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) dark chocolate, pieces
- A few tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
The pie crust
- Grease and line 8 inch loose bottom cake tin with baking parchment or paper. Preheat the oven to 160 ° C (320 F). In a large bowl, cream the butter for about 2 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Sift in powdered or icing sugar and vanilla extract and beat again. Sift the flour and stir gently until butter dough forms. Pour the cake batter into the cake tin and press it to form a smooth layer of me. Bake for approximately 15-16 minutes or until golden brown all over. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
Peanut butter filling
- Next, add Your butter beans, butter (make sure it is nice and soft) and powdered or icing sugar into a large bowl.
- Whisk together using electric mixer on low until combined and then pops up a little speed and drivers until the mixture becomes nice and smooth. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust peanut butter your cake and spread evenly as you can. Pop into the fridge.
Chocolate Ganache soft
- Finely chop chocolate and place in a heatproof Bowl. In a small saucepan, add the cream and place on medium heat until the cream boils but before starting to boil. Immediately pour the warm cream over the chocolate, cover the bowl with a plate and let sit for 3-5 minutes. Then, whisk the chocolate cream mixture until smooth and creamy. Pour Your peanut butter ganache filling.
- Then microwave peanut butter in the microwave for 20 seconds or more until it is melted. Drizzle chocolate over peanut butter Ganache is soft, in a long line, then use a skewer to make a swirly pattern. Pop into the fridge for at least 1 hour to set. Cut into slices and serve.