I have no idea where this recipe came from but we have gone to the morning Christmas Cinnamon Roll the recipe for as long as I can remember. Over the years we have tweaked this and that, but this basis has always remained the same. They have become a Christmas brunch staple in our family forever. There is no way this picture of cinnamon rolls can do it justice. They are delicious.
This key to the Christmas morning cinnamon roll is Bridgford frozen white ready for dough. You will find them in the frozen food section of all major grocery stores. You get 3 loafs per package, depending on how many people we will have for our Christmas Brunch.
- 1 Stick Butter (softened)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Loaf Bridgford Frozen White Bread
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- 3/4 Cup Whipping Cream
- DEFROST a piece of bread.
- Flatten the dough flat.
- Generous cover rolled dough with butter
- Includes butter with sugar.
- Sprinkle sugar with cinnamon.
- Roll the dough into a log and cut 1 inch thinking.
- Lay slices the rolls into an oily pan with butter and sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon.
- Let raw cinnamon rolls up to 1 1/2 to 2 hours (or overnight set on ice cubes filled with ice.)
- After the dough has increased, pour 1 cup of whipping cream on a cinnamon roll.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top is golden brown. usually ends up using two loafs to make cinnamon rolls quite easily.