Decorated for the holidays, peanut butter blossoms Christmas tree a fun twist on the classic peanut butter cookies and perfect for your next party or holiday cookie swap!
Peanut butter blossoms is one of my least favorite cookies to make for the Christmas season. Perhaps it is because peanut butter and chocolate is my most favorite combination flavors in the world … or maybe it is because they are so cute … or maybe it is because they are so darn easy to make!
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 sugar, for rolling
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses chocolate candies
- 1/2 cup shortening (I used Crisco)
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- green frosting
- red, green, & white holiday sprinkles
- disposable piping bag fitted with a Wilton #4 piping tip
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove wrappers from chocolate.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well mixed.
- Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; Whisk until smooth.
- Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla; Beat the averages.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Directly pressed Brown to the center of each cookie; The cookie will crack around the edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool down completely.
- Note: cookies must be completely cooled chocolate hardens & before decorating.
- The contents of the bag pipes prepared with green frosting.
- Starting from the base of the Hershey Kiss, pipe a line of frosting swirls up & around to the top of the kiss.
- Immediately sprinkle with holiday sprinkles.