Cooking a whole Turkey can be great project-what about just the breasts? That way, you don’t have to worry about cooking the meat is light and darkness in the same oven at the same time, and the amount of food a little more manageable. This recipe goes to show that you don’t even have to sacrifice the stuffing to do this: you can enter the field directly on the breasts and continue with dinner.
- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 2 skinless boneless turkey breasts
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking twine
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- With a sharp knife, butterfly each breast open to lay.
- Place each breast between two sheets of Wax paper, and flatten it with a hammer.
- In a bowl, combine apple, dried cranberries, walnuts, mushrooms, beef, rosemary, thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until mixed well.
- Spread the apple-cranberry stuffing over each breast, up to 1/4 inches from the edge.
- Roll up each breast tightly and tie with cooking Twine.
- Season breast rolled generously on all sides.
- Heat some of the cooking fat in a frying pan f major placed over medium-high heat.
- Brown each Turkey Breast on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place the skillet in the oven, uncovered, and bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Allows the breasts to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.