Easy one pot Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf flavored herb chicken simmered in broth and Apple juice and filled with sweet dried cranberries, toasted pecans and apples for the sweet savory side dish believed to have perfect for holiday and easy enough for everyday!
Cranberry, Apple, Pecan rice is very suitable for the holidays, the company, or simply to go beyond the everyday delights of quotas and even more perfect for one who cooked in the pot and there are almost no “hand ” time.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp EACH salt, dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup wild rice blend, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 Fuji or honeycrisp apple, chopped
- 1/4 tsp EACH pepper, dried oregano, dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (to taste)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Garnish (optional)
- fresh thyme
- fresh parsley
- Bring broth, Dijon Apple juice, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, pepper, dried thyme, oregano, parsley and bay leaf to boil in large Nonstick Skillet.
- Add the rice, cover and reduce heat to low (dial should be just above the lowest low settings). Boil 45-60 minutes, or until the rice is tender and almost all the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally and replace the lid. Add additional water if necessary if the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is still not finished cooking. Check the maturity of 45 minutes. Once cooked, drain the rice and leave it in a fine sieve hole.
- Into a pot which is now empty, Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Increase the heat to medium high and add the onions and apples; Saute for 5-7 minutes, or until the onions and apples are soft. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Return the rice to the skillet the cranberries and Pecans. Add Apple Cider vinegar a little at a time to taste if desired more Tang (I used 2 teaspoons). Stir to incorporate evenly. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper to taste. Garnish as desired.