Cream, cheese and delicious hot beef taco dip-suitable for parties and family dinners. Taco-beef dip is made with beef, vegetables, cheese and other cheeses. You can easily adjust the level of spice by adding more jalapenos and chilies or even leave the hot pepper seeds in.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 oz packet Taco seasoning
- 1 cup Mexican cheese mix to mix
- 1.25 lbs ground beef 90/10 meat to fat ratio
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 1 red chili pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Mexican cheese mix to top
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 375 and make sure the baking dish (or cast iron skillet) lightly greased.
- Heat the cooking pot over medium heat and add a few tablespoons of oil for cooking.
- Dice the onion, tomato, jalapeno, and chili. (You can choose to discard the seeds or save seed for extra spices.)
- Start cooking the onions until transparent. Add jalapeno and chili peppers and saute until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and cook until all the vegetables are tender.
- Add the beef and break up as much as possible. Cover with lid and cook until the meat is done. Mix and break the lumps sometimes, as the meat cooks.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over the beef and stir everything together.
- After the meat is cooked, transfer the meat and vegetable mixture into a bowl.
- Stir in cream cheese until completely combined and smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese mixture and transfer to Mexico plate or cake pan.
- Top off with the remaining Cup of cheese mixture and sprinkle Mexico chipotle chili powder and paprika over cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until cheese melts and bubbles.