Creamy Ricotta Zucchini Noodles
Ricotta cream Zucchini noodles-delicious zucchini noodles tossed in a creamy ricotta cheese sauces and garlicky. Easy, guilt free weekday eating vegetarian and take minutes to prepare!
FOR THE ZUCCHINI NOODLES
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs (I either reach for rosemary or thyme, but use whatever you have on hand or use your favorite)
- 6 zucchini , washed, dried and spiralized*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , divided
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
FOR THE RICOTTA SAUCE
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2- cup skim milk
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste (season it well)
FOR THE TOMATOES
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- salt , to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese , optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet.
- Add spiralized zucchini; Season with spices, salt and pepper and cook for 7 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the Pan and set aside zoodles.
- Return the skillet to the stove and heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Stir in ricotta cheese and milk; Season with salt and pepper and continue to stir until the cheese is completely melted and everything is well combined.
- Bring to a steady simmer and cook for 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the zucchini previously prepared; taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with salt, and let sit for 2 minutes, or until they start to blister.
- Stir and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve the prepared tomatoes zucchini and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.