I love one pot pasta. They make dinner really easy at my house because they don’t use a dozen different dishes and pots and pans to prepare and they are usually very quick to make. Also, like this 5-ingredient chicken Alfredo cream, they don’t require a ton of material, or weird random things that I don’t normally already on hand.
This 5-ingredient chicken Alfredo cream is really the food pantry for me. I have always had the pasta in my kitchen and it’s not a regular enough that I don’t have the rotel in there too. Chicken, cilantro, cream, and cheese are also on my weekly shopping list because they are versatile and can add a lot of flavor is the simplest from the menu.
This recipe comes together really quickly. First, you will season the chicken with Taco Seasoning some of your Favorites. Works great, bought at the store or you can toss this batch of spicy Taco Seasoning together and remain in the side in Your spice Cabinet for many other recipes.
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can Mild Rotel or chopped tomatoes, 2 Tbsp reserved for garnish
- 8 ounces Penne Pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- Garnish: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Pat the chicken dry on both sides with paper towel.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning on all sides. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the seasoned chicken into the Pan and Cook, turning once, until the chicken is completely cooked (about 5 minutes per side).
- Remove the chicken from the Pan, place on plate, cover with foil. Add butter to the pan the chicken cooked in and Melt over medium heat.
- Slowly add the heavy cream, stirring to incorporate all the spices and browned bits left from cooking the chicken.
- Whisk constantly and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add cheese, rotel (reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish), and stir until thickened and melted cheese.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and reduce heat to low.
- Remove the chicken from the foil-covered plate, sliced lengthwise.
- Place the sliced chicken over pasta and sprinkle with coriander garnish optional to pop colors and reserved rotel. Serve immediately.