This recipe started out a little different. Then I was talking to Cris about what I’m making for dinner, and he helped me tweak the recipe.
I like the idea of him and can’t wait to try it! It’s great as a sandwich with melted cheese on top or you can be piled high with some tortilla chips and shredded cheese! Either way, it was delicious!
- 3/4 c water
- 28 oz can tomato puree
- 2-1 oz pkgs taco seasoning
- 8-10 hamburger buns split
- 2 lbs ground beef or turkey
- slices optional: cheese
- Brown ground meat You and place it in a pan lightly greased crock
- Pour in the water, tomato Puree and herbs stir well and give the taco
- Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 hours, stirring once in a while
- Serve on buns with sliced cheese, if desired