This classic comfort food casserole served in the slow cooker! Chicken, rice, mushrooms, and herbs – recipe Crockpot that is perfect for the busy working day!
Crockpot chicken and Rice Casserole it is perfect for dinner only setting in your slow cooker and dinner ready when your family is ready. Needless to say, my slow cooker will get a great workout between now and the time the move!
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 6 oz box long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Pour the dry rice to the bottom of Slow Cooker, set aside from seasoning envelope. Lay the chicken on rice dry.
- Sprinkle the sliced mushrooms on top of chicken. In a small bowl, whisk the soup, water, and contents of seasoning envelope.
- Pour the mixture in the Crockpot. Sprinkle the pieces of meat on top.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is cooked.