Easy Braised Pork Roast with Spiced Pear and Apple Sauce #christmas #dinner
Slow simmered on low temperature and then baked with Apple and Pear Juice with lots of herbs and spices – this slow Braised spiced Pear roast pork with Apple sauce was tender, moist and very flavorful dinners, with less than 30 minutes of prep time!
This slow simmered pork simmered on low temperature and baked with Apple and Pear Juice with lots of herbs and spices. This makes pigs very flavorful and melt-in-your-mouth tender. There are only 30 minutes of active time and then the oven You do the whole job. You can serve it with a side salad, or a plate of steamed or grilled vegetables (which may have to be baked in the oven at the same time as the pork!).
- 3 – 4 sprigs of rosemary
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2.5 lb of Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork Shoulder Picnic
- 1 cup pear cider
- 3 – 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 ½ tbsp horseradish
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 apples quartered Honeycrisp or Gala
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 ° F/160 ° C.
- Pat pork dry and put it in an oven proof dish (a fitting match of pork). Sprinkle salt and pepper over the pork and then add the horseradish and Cayenne and rub it all over.
- Add butter, apples, PEAR cider, cream, rosemary and garlic to a plate.
- Rub sugar on top of the pork.
- Cover with foil and transfer to the oven. You can insert a meat thermometer to monitor the temperature too.
- Simmer for 3 hours.
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 425 ° F and remove the foil. Let the surface of the pork caramelize (approximately 30-40 minutes).
- Remove from the oven. Carefully place the pork in a serving dish and cover with Foil.
- Mash the apples and garlic into the liquid in the cup of toasted (or Apple or mixed with juice in the cup of the roast).
- In a saucepan, melt the butter 3 tbsp. Add 3 tablespoons of flour and butter and flour Cook for a few minutes to form a roux. Apple/PEAR strain the mixture into a saucepan and stir until the sauce thickens. Discard the pulp.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve pork braied slow with side salad or grilled vegetables or mashed potatoes.
- The easiest option-a simple side salad with your favorite sauce.
- Steamed vegetables or mashed potatoes.
- Roasted vegetables-cut carrots and potatoes a few (1.5 inch into cubes) and toss them with salt, pepper and olive oil. Place vegetables on a tray of paper coated with foil or parchment. Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 425 ° F (while you are barbequing pork-veggies will be ready when the sauce is prepared).