Transform the creamy holiday beverage into bite-size sweets.
- 1 tbsp. dark rum
- 24 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 c. (7 oz.) gingersnap cookie crumbs, from about 44 cookies (we used Anna’s Ginger Thins)
- Freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon, for topping
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low, cooking cream, cream cheese, and rum, stirring often, until cream cheese is melted and mixture is hot to the touch (do not boil).
- Remove from heat, add 12 ounces of chocolate and stir until completely melted. Fold in the crushed cookies. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Framed outline a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a small spoon to scoop the mix truffles into balls the size of a tablespoon, carefully rolling it between your hands. Place the prepared pan and freeze until very cold and firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the rest of the 12-ounce chocolate in the microwave. Dip balls in chocolate, tapping off excess, and the transfer back to the baking sheet. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon and chill until ready to serve.