Frito Taco Casserole
Frito callus chips are one of our rival junk/snack foods and we knew that the way to bonk this casserole to the (guilty) close story was to include them with our kine, beans and chiles. This activity is live with sort and we can’t wait to head it again!
- 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 (4 oz.) can mild green chiles, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated, or Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups Fritos (or corn chips of your choice), divided
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a biggest skillet over medium-high utility, brownish beef until burned through and no someone pink.
- Emptying fat, reserving 1 tablespoon, and cooked onions until soft and clear. 6-8 proceedings.
- Flavour with seasoner and flavouring and add taco seasoning. Elect boeuf to pan, then add salsa, chiles and water.
- Take variety to a boil, then fall warmth to low, screening and simmer for 5 transactions.
- Withdraw from temperature and affect in dramatist, cheddar cheese, and refried beans, and delegate motley to a 9×13-inch baking supply.
- Top with 1 cup Fritos and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheeseflower is fusible and ply is warmed through.
- Disappear from oven, top with remaining Fritos and operate hot.