Frosted Pumpkin Brownies
Brownie pumpkin is rich, soft and moisturized will make the perfect treat for the fall. Delicious dark chocolate pumpkin brownies topped with smooth, soft pumpkin cream cheese frosting.
- 12 oz unsalted butter
- 2 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter, and then add the chocolate chips, vanilla, and sugar. Continue to stir with whisk until melted Silicon sealed and smooth. Take from heat.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl. Shake slowly and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk in the buttermilk until combined.
- Beat in eggs until combined and smooth.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until smooth and all included.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish, spreading evenly. Press gently on the counter a few times to make sure it is spread evenly. Bake for 40-42 minutes.
- Brownies bake for about 5 minutes over a bit sticky if you want them.
- Make sure that the brownies completely cooled before adding frosting or you will melt the frosting.
- Cream the butter in bowl of electric mixer, on medium-high speed for about a minute, until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese, and beat on medium-high speed, until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and add the pumpkin puree. Beat for a few more minutes.
- Lower the speed to low and beat in the powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Reappear speed medium-high and beat 3-4 minutes, until frosting is light, smooth and soft.
- Chill 15-20 minutes before spreading Brownie.
- Spread frosting all over cooled brownies.
- Store the brownies in the fridge due to the cream cheese frosting.