Brownie pumpkin is rich, soft and moisturized will make the perfect treat for the fall. Delicious dark chocolate pumpkin brownies topped with smooth, soft pumpkin cream cheese frosting.
- 12 oz unsalted butter
- 2 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter, and then add the chocolate chips, vanilla, and sugar. Continue to stir with whisk until melted Silicon sealed and smooth. Take from heat.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl. Shake slowly and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk in the buttermilk until combined.
- Beat in eggs until combined and smooth.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until smooth and all included.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish, spreading evenly. Press gently on the counter a few times to make sure it is spread evenly. Bake for 40-42 minutes.
- Brownies bake for about 5 minutes over a bit sticky if you want them.
- Make sure that the brownies completely cooled before adding frosting or you will melt the frosting.
- Cream the butter in bowl of electric mixer, on medium-high speed for about a minute, until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese, and beat on medium-high speed, until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and add the pumpkin puree. Beat for a few more minutes.
- Lower the speed to low and beat in the powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Reappear speed medium-high and beat 3-4 minutes, until frosting is light, smooth and soft.
- Chill 15-20 minutes before spreading Brownie.
- Spread frosting all over cooled brownies.
- Store the brownies in the fridge due to the cream cheese frosting.