Frozen Blueberry Lemonade #christmas #drink
This refreshing frozen Blueberry lemonade will be the new frozen summer drink your favorite. Made with a delicious combination of tangy lemon and sweet blueberries.
We make our blueberry sauce with summer fresh blueberries (frozen also works), and a pinch of sugar and the cornstarch. With summer here, it is the right time to make a few batches of blueberry sauce when they are at the top of the blueberries. (You can freeze the extra parts and use of ice cream, cake or on top of a fruit salad all year.)
For the Blueberry sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
For the Frozen Lemonade
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 6 cups ice
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 2/3 cup lemon juice ( fresh squeezed)
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, water, sugar and a splash of lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tsp of cornstarch and water until combined.
- Add to blueberry and reduce heat. Cook for about 2 minutes until thickened. Chill until cold.
- After cool blueberry sauce
- Combine the cold water lemon, lime juice and sugar in a blender. Blend for a few seconds until the sugar dissolves.
- Add ice and blend until thick and smooth. Pour in 2 large glasses
- Add the sauce cool blueberry lemonade frozen and carefully swirl around
- Top with blueberry sauce more