There is nothing better in my book than a simple one-pan roast chicken. All the comfort with a little work. And that’s what we have in today’s easy garlic rosemary chicken … except with great fanfare using cranberries! Be sure to see photos of the steps below the recipe.
The stars clear Mediterranean flavors here: garlic, rosemary, and lemon. First, lots of garlic and fresh rosemary and a bit of paprika to make a simple rub for chicken. Then, just a few minutes, rosemary chicken sitting in Orange seasoning and olive oil with onion and celery.
Once roast chicken with rosemary and everything else, cranberry topping make excellent, juicy and even a little sweet. Plus, the merrier!
- 6 pieces bone-in, skin on chicken (I used 2 chicken breasts and 4 thighs)
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp white wine vinegar, more for later
- 1 lemon, juice of (do not discard used lemon halves)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- More fresh rosemary for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries, sugar, and white wine vinegar. Set aside for now.
- Pat dry the chicken pieces. Rub the chicken with chopped garlic on both sides (make sure to apply some garlic under the skin of the chicken). Season with salt and pepper. Combine the rosemary and paprika then goes for the chicken pieces on both sides and again under the skin.
- In a large bowl or deep enough dish, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and white wine vinegar 2 tbsp. Now add the chicken, celery, onion, and lemon used parts. Work everything together with clean hands. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes or more.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees f.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet. Place the skin side of the chicken to brown on medium-high for 5 minutes. Turn on over and Brown the other side.
- Place chicken, onion, celery, lemon pieces and any liquid from the marinade in a lightly oiled roasting pan likethis one. Add 1/2 cups water or chicken broth, then add the sugared cranberries.
- Bake at 425 degrees F preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until chicken until fully cooked. Serve hot with rice and your favorite salad to Lebanon.