5 material ghost popcorn ball! Our family likes to make this easy halloween treats!
I have a mini, regular folks, and jumbo sized. They are very handy and can instantly add some scary halloween beacon for anything. One of my friends blogging make spooky ice cream sandwich – they are a regular ice cream sandwich with lots of eyeballs candy!
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- 16 cups popped popcorn (about 1 standard size bag of popcorn)
- one 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 package Wilton bright white candy melts
- candy eye balls (I used regular sized ones)
- Place popcorn in a large bowl (or 2 large bowl to make the mixing easier).
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and marshmallows mini. Stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture of popcorn (divide between 2 bowls if you divided the popcorn). Stir with a spatula until the popcorn is coated.
- Butter your hands and begin forming popcorn into balls. You can create a higher ball like shape of ghosts, or whatever you want.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Allow the ball to cool and firm. (30 minutes to 1 hour)
- Melt white candy melts according package. You can add vegetable shortening or vegetable oil to help thin out the chocolate if desired. Dip the tops of popcorn balls into the melted chocolate and return to baking sheet. Allow the chocolate to set for 1-2 minutes before adding eyeballs candy into each ball. You can try to add the eyes immediately, but they can slide off if the chocolate is too hot.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving. If you are going to serve them the next day, put them in a tupperware container.
- You can display them in a fun way! You can display them in a large tray on top of the halloween colored m ms & with some fake spider being added in! There are times when I want to spend more time making a funny halloween treat this is awesome as it melts the witch kue but usually we are all looking for a quick holiday recipes & impressive. We want to add some pizzazz without all the time. I’m all about the recipe.