A interior, creamy, and perfectly-spiced hot breakfast could not be easier than this Gingerbread Dragging Cooker Porridge! Whether you assist it for Yuletide brunch or pee a big stack to reheat for busy weekday mornings, Crock Pot meal is a whole and scrumptious way to line your day!
This Crock Pot oatmeal is a respectable make-ahead option because you can cook it in increase, outlet it in mortal portions, and reheat in the nuke throughout the hebdomad. Or, if you’re planning to ply a gathering for Yule brunch, you can either navigator the porridge on low overnight (your sanctuary leave odour ah-mazing when you raise up) or make it on tenor when you event up. It’s pragmatical, seasonal, well, and yummy!!
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups uncooked steel cut oats don’t use quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats because they will get too mushy
- ½ teaspoon salt or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 8 cups water
- ¼ cup molasses can substitute with maple syrup, but it won’t have that true “gingerbread” taste, plus more for serving
- Optional toppings: whipped cream chopped toasted pecans, dried cranberries, raisins, Greek yogurt
- Spray the part of a 6-quart diminish cooker with cookery spray.
- Mingle all ingredients in slow cooker and budge asymptomatic. Conceal and make on inebriated for 3-4 hours or on low for 8 hours, moving occasionally.