Make ahead Salad-the salad that is intended to do before time, perfect for vacation or a dinner party so you don’t rush putting it together!
One of the first things I never learned to make to contribute to our family holiday dinner is Salad. This is a tradition that we take to all get togethers, holiday cookouts and BBQ! It was not until recently that I realized that one of the best reasons for a salad … You can make it in advance. SAY WHAT? This is every housewife and cook dream because nothing much worse than having to make all the food at the same time to have a perfect dinner.
This salad is so full of flavor, and since you make it in advance, they have the time to be Happy together and make a bowl full of deliciousness!!
- 1/2 package of frozen peas
- 1 package of sliced swiss cheese
- 3 stalks of green onion
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup miracle whip
- Your swiss cheese cut into small pieces. It will stick to itself so you will need to break it before putting it in a bowl. Put peas in a colander and run warm water on top to melt them. Drain and add to the bowl with the cheese. Dice green onions and small pieces and add to the other in a bowl.
- Now cut a head of lettuce. The best way to go about it is to hit the rod counter top on the head several times, pushed it to a head of lettuce. It will release from the lettuce. Throw it away. Next, slice all the lettuce into this section. They turn to the side and do the same thing in another way, to make a small box of lettuce. Rinse and dry or use a salad spinner. Add to a large bowl!
- Now you need to make a sauce. Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and stir until well mixed. Now add up the salad, and mix it all up really well until salad is completely covered.
- Place the salad into a container with an air tight lid container Rubbermaid-like brilliance and put it into the fridge to settle. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- When you are ready to eat, top with pieces of meat and serve! Store the salad left in the container and in the fridge for up to 48 hours.