Honey Lavender Cheesecake
In a few years, I have spent a lot of time in the kitchen. I have made everything from cookies to brownies to cake for quick bread. You name it, I might have been baked. But for some reason, I always find myself avoiding cheesecake recipe-something about the reputation of the temperamental intimidate me.
Finally, I decided it was time to confront my fear is cheesy. As it turns out, all my preconceived notions about cheesecake that is totally false. If you have the right recipe, it was really quite easy to make and equally as delicious.
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender extract
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Violet food coloring
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
for the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 springform Pan ” with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until completely combined.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the Pan and about 1/2 inch up the sides.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until crumbs are set.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
for the filling
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, lavender extract, honey and salt and stir until just combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, the friction on the sides of the bowl with a spatula after each addition.
- Add a few drops of purple food coloring and stir until desired color.
- Add sour cream and stir until combined.
- Add heavy cream and stir until combined.
- Wrap the outside of the springform Pan you in aluminum foil.
- Pour cream cheese filling into the springform pan. Smooth top with spatula.
- Place the pot in a high-sided roasting pan.
- Make a water bath by filling the roasting pan with hot water until you reach the half way to the side of the Pan cheesecake.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- After an hour and a half, turn off the oven and crack the door open 1 inch.
- Leave the cheesecake like this for 1 hour.
- After an hour, take the cheesecake out of the oven and place aluminum foil on top (make sure the foil does not actually touch the cheesecake).
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
for the topping
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, honey, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Spread mixture over cooled cheesecake.