Jalapeño Avocado Cream Cheese Wontons
Avocado Jalapeno cream cheese Wontons are basically fried, amped up version of a type of cream cheese jalapeno Popper appetizer is your favorite! Thick and spicy filling wrapped in fried wonton wrappers make this a fantastic Welcome Party Popper or even an afternoon snack.
Cream cheese and Spice paprika is the right combination for the light of your tongue burning and soothes the burn all in the same bite. This is one of the entrees that don’t actually fill them and pairs perfectly with a glass of cold beer.
A beautiful pair with avocado creaminess of all the other ingredients in the dumpling fillings, but you also get an extra hit of flavor and protein.
- 2/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 package Wonton Wrappers
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 jalapeños Jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 Avocado, peeled and pitted, mashed or cubed
- Canola Oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, avocado, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cilantro and jalapenos.
- On a clean surface, lay wonton wrapper so that the angle is pointing towards you (so it looks like a diamond).
- Moisten edges of wrapper with water. Add 1 teaspoon of filling in Center of wonton Wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper in half, over the filling. Started by hitting around the filling and gently pressing out towards the edge of the seal. You want to make sure that there are no air pockets with the filling so that it seals properly. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and filling.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of canola oil in a large pot of heavy-bottomed pan. Once the oil reaches 375 ° F on the thermometer, oil fried wontons in batches of 3-4 at a time.
- FRY until browned, about 1 minute per side. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve hot with garnish of cilantro and jalapeno slices, if desired.