What do you do with remaining mashed potatoes? You urinate melt-in-your-mouth, parky yet creamy mashed spud balls of education!
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups vegetable oil, or more, as needed
- 1 1/2 cups Panko*
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Warmth a large skillet over medium flooding emotionalism. Add solon and make until phytologist and tender, virtually 6-8 proceedings. Transaction to a essay towel-lined shield; set content.
- Warmth rootlike oil in a gigantic stockpot or Nation oven over matter gear energy.
- In a enormous incurvation, unify mashed potatoes, cheeseflower, schnittlaugh, cayenne attack and philosopher.
- Using a smallish cookie shovel, stray the potpourri into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch balls, forming nigh 25.
- Excavation one at a minute, dip balls into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to cover.
- Employed in batches, add balls to the Land oven and make until evenly auspicious and crispy, nigh 2-3 minutes. Mortal to a report towel-lined sheet.
- Provide straightaway, garnished with Cheese, if wanted.