Melt Snowman Cookies #christmas #cookies
This melting snow cookie is a winter that easily treats your children, coworkers, or guest parties will love!
We have been making snowman cakes for years now, they kind of have become a holiday tradition in our family! One thing I love most about cookies (other than how funny they are!) Is an easy way to make them. Depending on how much time you have, or how much effort you want to put in, you can get as much as you want home made! Use your favorite recipes for sugar cakes and vanilla frosting, or buy everything in the store — rate nothing here! (This is really the perfect way to dress up some cake store bought with frosting!)
The original recipe I tried years ago used a lot of fondant – and while fondant must have looked funny, it would be difficult to work with, plus it didn’t feel good. So I modified a few things to make it simpler and feel better way!
- 12 large marshmallows
- frosting white and orange
- 1 dozen sugar cookies baked and cooled.
- Wilton Decorating Icing Tubes in Black Red, Green, Blue and Pink
- Melt your white frosting in the microwave in 30 second stages so that it is runnier than normal.
- Spread white frosting over each cookie using the back of the spoon. Let a few dribbles over the edge to “puddle” visible.
- Place marshmallows on a microwave safe plate, then heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Watch marshmallows as they cook and stop the microwave immediately the marshmallow starts to get swollen. Don’t let them double in size.
- Your fingers spray with cooking spray, and carefully draw the marshmallow from the plate with the base and place it on top of the opaque cake.
- Decorate you will like colored frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!