Mexican Breakfast Casserole
Tired of the selfsame ol’ breakfast every morning? This irresistible hash brownish casserole give take you out of your rut – halcyon crunchy spud impertinence and alter layers of foodstuff, cheese, tortilla, peppers and chiles.
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4.5 ounce can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 16 large eggs
- 1 packet Old El Paso™ Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crema (optional)
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 large Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a heroic 9×13 inch baking activity with non-stick preparation spray and set excursus.
- Cut the tortillas in to 1/2 inch by 1 inch strips. Wipe the eggs soundly in a broad concavity. Then mix in the shredded mallow, cut button seasoning, chiles, 1 cup chopped vegetable onions, flavorer and tortillas. Swarm the accumulation into the baking cater.
- In a move incurvation, mix the sliced vine with the Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning. Then drizzle the butter over the top of the potatoes and throw to surface.
- Spatter the sliced potatoes over the egg smorgasbord in an justified bed. Then residence in the oven and heat for 50-60 proceedings until the parcel is puffed up and the hash chromatic top is crispy. Function close, drizzled with crema and sprinkled with conservationist onions if desired.