If you liked Monterey chicken in Chili’s restaurant, you should try to knock off the recipe. It’s fast, easy, and delicious! feel like it has been forever since I shared dinner recipes. We eat pretty basic in the summer. Easy food, and plenty of BBQ’s. Not much to share in the entree Department. But I tried the chicken monterey a few weeks ago and the family loved it. It has made a second appearance at our table.
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 strips of bacon, halved or chopped (I chopped mine)
- 1/2-1 cup BBQ sauce
- Cook the meat in a small skillet until crisp.
- In the meantime, roast the chicken in a 9 × 13 pan at 350 ° for 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temperature is 160 °. (If you pound thin, it will bake faster.)
- The story of both sides of the chicken with the BBQ sauce.
- Bake 3-5 minutes.
- Top with Bacon and grated cheese and bake for 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with tomatoes and green onions.