Here is my lunch for the day, lucky me:). I don’t eat like that often but when it’s something like this there is just no way I could refuse. Cheesecake is like my ultimate weakness (okay it’s chocolate and caramel and salty. Oh, and the cheese and pizza. OK I am weak, not limited to but you get the point). But this cheesecake you just have to try! Basically your vacation will be like 10 times better if you are serving this decadent, it’s easy to make a cheesecake.
- 8 Tbsp powdered sugar , divided
- 4 oz white baking chocolate
- 12 regular size original Oreos
- 2 Tbsp butter , melted
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 10 oz cream cheese , softened (1 8oz pkg + 2oz)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Red food coloring , optional
- Mini oreos and more white chocolate (optional)
- Candy canes , for decoration
- In a food processor, pulse until finely ground Oreo (or you can use a large Ziploc bag and rolling pin, then pour into a bowl and toss with butter), with the mixer running slowly pour in the melted butter and pulse until evenly coated. Pour about 2 1/2 tbsp dough Oreo into 6 serving cups and levels, set aside.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package (I microwave instructions) white, then let cool to warm (just barely saves if fluid though, you don’t want to set all or you will get a piece of white chocolate the whole cheesecake).
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form, set aside in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Mix in remaining 5 tbsp powdered sugar and TSP peppermint extract 1/2. Stir in cooled white chocolate (if you want to color half with red food coloring and then separate half into another bowl and then add half of the whipped cream into each) then fold in whipped cream. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag (if doing pink and white, follow the instructions here). The pipe over the oreo layer in cups. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Garnish with either crushed candy cane, candy cane sticks (you only need half of the candy cane down) or white chocolate dipped peppermint mini Oreo just before serving.
- If doing a peppermint white chocolate dipped Oreos, just melt some white chocolate or vanilla almond bark as directed on the package and mini Oreo dipped in melted white chocolate. Transfer to waxed paper and sprinkle with crushed candy cane before the chocolate sets. Allow to set at room temperature.