Peppermint Bark Cheesecake #christmas #cake
There is no welcome feast of cheesecake way over-the-top no! Am I right or am I right? Cheesecake is probably my all time favorite cakes – Okay maybe cheesecake and carrot cake (I always have a hard time choosing a favorite main). It is just so rich and luscious and irresistible cream. It’s always a dessert to enjoy every bit of it and not spec crusts go wasted. I mean, I’m not going to complain if a piece of generous it found it’s way to my dinner table each night–uh, till my waist began to disagree with that I guess. But that’s why it’s perfect for the holidays, yes they are spoiling but in moderation they are worth every calorie!
I made this cheesecake, and any cheesecake I have ever made with the one and only Philadelphia cream cheese! I am not usually so brand bias but when it comes to Philadelphia cream cheese is far superior than anything I have ever tried. Texture and flavor is just the best! So of course this is what I recommend using for Peppermint Bark Cheesecake this wonderful divine. Kraft and Walmart have teamed up to bring you lots of other delicious recipes that use the products Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese, including all in one place, Kraft Hub.
- 3 Tbsp (43g) unsalted butter, melted
- 20 (228g) cream filled chocolate wafers, such as original Oreos, finely crushed
- 6 oz . white chocolate , chopped
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 3 1/2 (8 oz) pkgs. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, well softened (28 oz total)
- 1 cup (215g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 5 oz . semi-sweet chocolate , chopped, plus about 3 oz. more for topping
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp peppermint extract (use an extra 1/2 tsp if you’d like a stronger flavor)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (58g) peppermint bits or crushed candy canes or starlight mints, plus more for topping
- 1 cup (235ml) heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp (30g) granulated sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 oz . white chocolate , chopped
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. The line outside the 9-inch springform pan with an 18-by 18-inch sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil (this will prevent water leaking into the cheesecake so make sure not to get any tears).
- In a bowl using a fork, stir together crushed wafers chocolate cream filled with melted butter until the mixture is evenly moistened.
- Firmly press mixture into a layer even under Pan springform.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 325 degrees.
To fill cheesecake:
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Meanwhile add 6 oz. of white chocolate and 1/2 Cup heavy cream to medium microwave safe bowl.
- Heat microwave on 50% power in 20-second increments, stirring between intervals, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl using an electric hand mixer to whip together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time then mix peppermint extract, vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Combine the melted white chocolate mixture. Tap the Bowl firmly against the countertop around 30 times to release air pockets.
- Add 5 oz chopped chocolate (I don’t mix in small chocolate shavings for a clean looking cheesecake) and a bit of peppermint and quickly fold several times (peppermint bits will start dying the batter so fast so do not fold in colour it all pink).
- Spray the sides of the springform Pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray and then pour the mixture over the crust layer in pan.
- Cheesecake set in large roasting pan then set the pan on a rack in middle of oven. Carefully pour enough boiling water around the springform pan to come up the middle on both sides of the springform pan. Bake cheesecake the banks begin to set but Center still jiggles slightly, about 1 hour 20-1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven (and pot roast) Allow to cool on a wire rack for 45 minutes then cover with plastic wrap that leave a hole on one side to heat to escape and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
For the mousse:
- Melt the white chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl on 50% power for 20 second intervals, stirring between intervals until melted and smooth. Set aside and let cool until warm.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form then add sugar and whip until very stiff peaks form (it must be a wet start to lose Sheen-unless you live in the environment is very humid in may never appear a bit dry). In a separate mixing bowl whip cream cheese until smooth then mix in the melted white chocolate and peppermint extract.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spread into an even layer of cooled cheesecake and return to the refrigerator and chill 1 1/2 hours away. Decorate the top edge with the chopped chocolate and peppermint bits, then run a knife around the edge to make sure the cheesecake slack then remove the ring of the springform pan and cut into slices.