Peppermint Dream Cake #christmas #cake
Top candy cane peppermint cake recipe is a lookalike with a silky white chocolate buttercream and a lot of candy, which was destroyed for one of the most refreshing and delicious Christmas cake recipe you’ll ever taste.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon liquid red food coloring
- 1 recipe Fluffy White Chocolate Frosting
- White chocolate curls
- Chopped peppermint candy canes
- Let the eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease bottoms of two 8-inch round cake pan. Line bottom of pan with Waxed paper; Grease and lightly flour the pan. Set aside the pot. In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt. set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f. In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs with mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add sugar, beat on medium speed for 4 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture; beat on low to medium speed until combined.
- In a small saucepan heat the milk and butter and stir over medium heat until the butter melts. Add the milk mixture and peppermint extract to the batter, beat until combined. Divide the dough in half. Pour half the batter into the prepared baking dish one. Stir in red food coloring into remaining batter. Pour the batter into the baking pan to another red.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean Center rapid thrusting. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan. Peel off Waxed paper. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut each cake layer in half horizontally.
- To assemble, place the white cake layer on serving plate. Scattered 3/4 cups frosting the cake evenly. Top with red cake layer; spread evenly with 3/4 cups of frosting. Top with the remaining white cake layer; evenly with 3/4 cups frosting. Top with a layer of Red cake. Spread frosting over top of cake. Sprinkle white chocolate curls and coarsely chopped candy cane over the cake. Cover and chill up to 4 hours. Cover and store leftover cake in refrigerator.