I’ll admit that peppermint has become one of my favorite drinks taste since I first started ordering a drink in a coffee shop. In fact, I believe that in the “chocolate peppermint steamer ” is the first drink I ordered at the coffee shop back in high school, when my friend Maggie brought me to a place of small shopping environment in Wichita is called The Perk. (Yes, it was during the time’s “friend’s”.
Ironically, Maggie is now really have that coffee shop. And I also still love peppermint chocolate steamships, though now I know that I was actually just ordered the peppermint hot chocolate. When made with white chocolate hot, though, the drink is still feels like a special treat.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups of milk of your choice
- 8 oz. white chocolate, chopped into small pieces (or white chocolate chips)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (or more/less to taste)
- optional toppings: whipped cream, crushed peppermints, marshmallows
- Stir milk and chocolate together in a medium saucepan, chopped white.
- Cook over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a boil and chocolate is melted. (Do not let it come to a boil or let burn brown underneath.)
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and peppermint.