Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
This is a big change from the everyday pizza! We love the pizza at our House including Grilled pizza, Pizza Pasta Salads or even Cheese Pizza Pasta bake!
Pizza puff is not only tasty, they’re quick and easy to prepare! The texture is nice and creamy with a taste of cheese!
- 3/4 cup mini pepperoni or cooked sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozza or cheddar, I used a mix)
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 mozzarella cheese strings
- 1/2 red or green pepper finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon each basil & garlic powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and spices in a bowl. Add the milk and egg and stir until combined.
- Stir in grated cheese, red peppers and pepperoni. Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide among muffin wells. Cut each string cheese 3 and gently press 1 piece into the center of each muffin.
- Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.