Raspberry pie is not just for summer anymore. I love how this one using frozen Raspberries, so you can make this at any time through the year round!
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water (2 cups if using fresh berries)
- 4 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 6 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen raspberries, thawed OR 1 pint fresh raspberries
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip or frozen whipped topping, thawed
FOR THE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 375 ° f. mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter and press into a DEEP dish-DISH 9-inch pie. (It is important that it is in the plate) Bake crust 6 minutes. Remove from the oven, set aside.
- For the RASPBERRY TOPPING: mix sugar, cornstarch and salt together in a medium saucepan. Add 1/2 cups water and stir with a whisk until smooth. Add the remaining water, corn syrup and Raspberries. Cook over medium heat until thick. (This can take some time so be patient.) Stir constantly. Set aside to cool.
- (* Note: do not let the mixture boil. It takes time for it to thicken, but after that very quickly to a boil. Watch it carefully and stir constantly.)
- Cream cheese filling: with an electric hand mixer beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and cool whip until smooth and combined. Spread over chilled graham cracker crust. Then spoon the cooled raspberry topping over creamy cheese filling. (You may not need to use it all.) Place the cake in the refrigerator to chill and set for at least 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!