Reindeer Sugar Cookies #christmas #cookies
At least I’ve managed to get a little Christmas baking. Since this is the first time in years that I have been using a rolling pin, I think I better take advantage of the situation and get two cakes design from it. So this came from the same batch as the sugar cookie Christmas tree that I posted about last week. I have an idea for them here-not their cute cookie ever? They are very easy!
The cookies turned out beautiful! Perfectly round, even color and no dark around the edges. Not too bad, if I do say so myself!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar with a mixer until smooth.
- Hit in vanilla extract and eggs.
- In another bowl, combine flour and baking powder and stir.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients a little at a time.
- When it has all blended, wet your hands and knead with hands until dough consistency is good.
- Immediately roll out small batches to a floured surface to about ¼ “thick, then cut with cookie cutter. (Do not cool the dough)
- Bake at 350F for 8 to 9 minutes.