Salted Caramel Gingerbread Cake With Orange Buttercream #christmas #cake
Others mouth watering? I’m going to try this for Christmas! Thank you for sharing half butter monastery this recipe!
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 cups unsulphured molasses
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
Salted Caramel Topping:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
Orange Buttercream Frosting:
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° f. Grease and flour two 9-inch springform pan.
- Place the butter and molasses in a small saucepan and bring to a boil on medium-high heat, making sure to stir constantly. Once it is boiling, transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream, lemon juice, and orange peel and mix with paddle attachment fitted.
- In a separate bowl, Sift together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Slowly add the dry ingredients with the molasses mixture and mix on low speed until smooth. The batter will be thick and lush. Pour the same amount into the pot roast, and second the springform on 350 ° for approximately 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes clean when inserted in the middle.
- While the cake baked, making the caramel topping. In a small saucepan, heat cup sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or heat-resistant. After about 5 minutes, the sugar will start to melt and turn golden yellow color. After it melts, add butter and stir until melted and mixed well. Next, slowly pour the heavy cream. Stir well and simmer for about 1 minute. Be careful not to burn it! Remove from heat, add salt, and allow the caramel to cool.
- Remove the cake from the oven after they are finished baking. Allow them to cool for about 5 minutes, then pop them out of their shape to the surface. Let them cool until no longer warm.
- While the cake is cool, make the lemon buttercream frosting. Place the softened butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Cream the butter for about 2-3 minutes until smooth and luminous in color. Slowly add the powdered sugar, 1 Cup at a time. Add the vanilla, heavy cream, orange juice, and salt. High mix for about 30 seconds to make it light and fluffy.
- Place one round cake on a cake stand or plate. Frost top with 1 cup buttercream frosting, Orange 1/2 to about inch thick. Next place a round cake on the ice with 1 cup of buttercream. To give the appearance of a bare cake frosting, using a spatula icing icing you to bring down the side and slowly turn the plate with one hand as You frost the cake all the way around, making it a thin layer icing is possible so that you can see some of the cake. Back to the top and smooth everything last time. (And use a wet cloth to clean any excess frosting from the bottom plate or stand to make it clean and neat.)
- Dust the top with powdered sugar, and decorate with pine twigs and cranberries to look festive. When ready to serve, cut into slices and drizzle with a hefty caramel salted. Enjoy!a