This Casserole Recipe sausage and gravy is a favorite of people-pleasing. This is a Breakfast casserole your family and your friends will love.
We loved the Breakfast casserole recipe at our House. Children love how delicious they are and I love how easy they’ll throw together in one dish and bake. That’s why I love this casserole the sausage and sauce. This is one of the most easy casseroles breakfast you can throw together and requires only a few ingredients.
- 1 can large can of refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking pan 7 x 11 with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut biscuit quarters and a layer of half of the biscuit pieces to the bottom of the plate.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the biscuits lightly browned.
- While the biscuits baking, Brown sausage in frying pan until completely cooked. Mix the flour and let it cook for about 3 or 4 minutes longer.
- Add the milk and salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients in a pan and simmer on low until slightly thickened.
- Pour in the sauce mixture over the baked cookies and top with the remaining biscuit pieced.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then close the foil and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown biscuit top. Enjoy!