Shredded Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
This shredded chicken Parmesan Sandwiches have chicken tenders, coated in a flavorful tomato sauce a quick, homemade sandwiched between two slices of crispy cheese Texas toast. If you’re looking for a weekday dinner recipes easy, just that!
You know those moments when you had a brilliant idea and it turned out fabulous and so easy that you don’t believe it so amazing? This is one of those moments!
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregeno
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- pinch of onion powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 slices cheesy Texas Toast (store bought, frozen)
- Preheat oven and bake bread according to package directions.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a small saucepan and cook the garlic for 30 seconds; until fragrant. Add tomato sauce and spices and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook until heated through. Stir in half the cheese until melted.
- Divide the chicken mixture over the two piece of cheese toast. Sprinkle cheese on top of the remains and place under the grill for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or Basil (if desired) over with another piece of toast and serve hot.