15-minute Mozzarella chicken skillet is my hour. How can you go wrong with the deliciousness of this quick, cheesy, saucy?
You guys need this recipe in your life. The whole family loved it. Can be ready in about 15 minutes with the preparation is very minimal, requiring only 4 simple ingredients, and it’s pretty healthy too. Serve over the zucchini noodles are good, sturdy, weekday dinners that are healthy with protein and veggies … but also cheese and saucy enough to still be outstanding.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese or 1 cup shredded
- about 24 ounces of your favorite marinara (I like any Rao’s variety)
- Optional for serving: chopped parsley or basil + pasta
- Preheat nonstick frying pan with the olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with a dash of salt and pepper on both sides. Add the chicken to the wok and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is completely cooked.
- If you plan to serve it with pasta, get away water and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting. Add tomato sauce to skillet with chicken, when it reached the boiling sauce, reduce heat, cover to fully heat the sauce. This will only take a few minutes.
- After the sauce is fully heated, top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Place under grill for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese gets nice and cheerful and just melted. Sprinkle with minced parsley or Basil. Serve immediately with the salad and pasta, if desired.