Sugared cranberries, cheese and crackers make a delicious appetizer and wonderful vacation.
Fresh Cranberries are in season only from about October to December, making appetizers is becoming more special. Tart Cranberries are getting the perfect amount of sweetness from the dip in maple syrup and organic sugar coating. We love this as a sugared cranberry treats all on their own. They are also excellent at any holiday dessert or a cheese Board.
Yes, the most important element for the recipe is that it tastes good. But that does not mean it is not also can be glamorous. Don’t forget, we eat with our eyes first.
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup good maple syrup
- 16 crackers
- 8 oz. Brie cheese or Kite Hill almond based soft ripened cheese
- cranberry chutney or cranberry relish
- fresh mint for garnish
- Rinse the cranberries and place in medium bowl. Heat the syrup in a sauce pan until just a little warm. Pour the cranberries when the syrup is warm, not hot, or perhaps the cranberries pop. Cool, cover, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Drain the cranberries in a colander. Place the sugar in a large bowl or baking dish. Add the cranberries in batch 2 and roll around until it’s coated in sugar. Place on a baking sheet until dry, about 1 hour.
- Assemble biscuits with one piece of brie, cranberry chutney and a light layer of 4 or 5 sugared cranberries. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.