Spiced Christmas Tree Brownies #christmas #brownies
Get ready for the party season brownies-chocolate mixture imparts with warm spices, seasonal and a splash of port.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest and juice of 1 clementine
- several gratings of nutmeg
- 100g plain flour
- 3 tbsp port
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- a good pinch of ground cloves
- 150g cook’s Belgian dark chocolate (76% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 150g unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp gold and silver sprinkles – we used star sprinkles
- 12 x Cadbury chocolate fingers
- 75g royal icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, fan 160 ° C, gas 4 and line the base and sides of a round diameter 23 cm springform Tin-.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure the Bowl doesn’t touch the water, soft or melted in the microwave (on low setting); Stir until smooth. Remove from heat; cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl using a wooden spoon, beat eggs, caster sugar and vanilla extract. Then shake the clementine zest and juice, port, and spices until just combined. In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture into beaten eggs and mix until smooth and combined, then fold in the flour mixture until just combined and there is flour not visible.
- Tip If you do not have a port, you can replace the mulled wine or red wine.
- Pour the mixture into the lined Tin. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until set on top but still slightly sticky. Leave to cool completely in the Tin before unmoulding.
- Cut cooled brownies cake cut into triangle-shaped 12 trees – You can slice a round ass to give the straight edge, if you like.
- Mix the sugar with 2 teaspoons water, add a drop or two more if needed to make a thick but runny icing. Drizzle or pipe the top triangle brownies in the zig-zag pattern. Scatter with the stars and enter the RADIUS chocolate to make the tree trunk. Leave the icing to set for at least 2 hours before serving.