Spring Leek And Bacon Quiche
Easy this spring leeks quiche with meat and soft and flaky homemade crust is a family favorite, and perfect for any meal from breakfast to dinner!
Oh, and if you like leeks in butter as much as we do, check out the potato Leek Soup and it’s smooth. This warm creamy comfort at its best.
This spring, spring onion and meat quiche is a personal favorite, but the possibilities are endless as the rabbit hole of Wikipedia.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 slices bacon (hardwood smoked if possible)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme and oregano
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender, knife, your hands, or any combination thereof, until the butter bean-size pieces.
- Stir in the water and gradually form a ball with your hands. If the mixture is too loose, add more water, one tablespoon at a time, but just enough to make a cohesive dough. flatten the ball into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight. I want to make the dough the night before.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f. Roll out pastry dough into a circle on a floured surface. Fold the dough into quarters and rolled in a 9-inch pie pan, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Trim and crimp the edges. Put the pie plate in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to firm dough back.
- I personally like to parbake the crust a little moment, but this step is not absolutely necessary. If parbaking, put parchment paper on the bottom and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- 1/2 cut meat into-inch pieces and sautée over medium heat until browned, stirring frequently. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon, leaving one tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Add the sliced green onions and sautée until tender and browned. Add to the meat.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, milk, herbs, salt and pepper.
- To fill the quiche, put half cheese on the bottom, then add green onions and meat. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly on top, and pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the Center has set and the top has a golden brown spots.